Plan. Prepare. Practice. Progress. Produce. Knowing how to manage the demands of the school curriculum – new content, new teaching methods, higher standards can be stressful. Students need a great learning environment at school and supportive coach at home. We help you help them.
What can you expect?
For the student:
- a tutor or learning partner who shadows the learning experience
- homework review with remediation and enrichment activities to strengthen, maintain, or stretch confidence and competence in targeted learning standards
- Minute Matters – planned enrichment activities in core content areas to extend literacy and build grade-level critical thinking and project management skills
For the parent:
- access to a learning coach to translate and demystify the grade level learning standards and competencies required for success
- project and time management tips for conquering projects, reports
- strategies for building and sustaining learner confidence and competence with grade level learning standards
Please select the level of support you need at this time from the service offerings below.
- Initial consultation:
- initial dialogue to identify parent or caregiver concerns regarding student performance and learning success
- Assessment & Observation:
- pre-instruction assessment to determine student competence and confidence with grade-level standards
- review of student routines, homework planning, organization strengths & capabilities, test preparation & study techniques
- Parent partnering:
- on-going coaching and advising to enhance partnerships with teachers, school professionals, and administrators;
- resource and planning recommendations for critical academic transitions (3rd grade; middle school prep & transition; high school prep & transition)
- recommendations, tips, techniques, and strategies for project and process management
- Individual Education Plan (IEP) process review, communication, and partnering tips and techniques
Tutoring & Enrichment
Academic success involves a wealth of experiences, knowledge, skills, and abilities. MG2MC offers various enrichment programs to build roots in different academic avenues. Although these programs are not rigidly aligned with ‘testing standards’, they provide a window to thinking, creating, ideas, knowledge that easily shows up in standardized tests and other admissions testing requirements.
- grade-level learning plans based on assessment data or teacher recommendations
- remediation learning plans to strengthen foundation skills and test performance
- reading and language arts instruction, practice, assessment prep
- mathematics instruction including grade-level number concepts, math facts, operations, mathematical thinking, critical thinking, and problem-solving
- homework & classwork organization and study skills, tips, and techniques
- social studies and science review instruction, comprehension and application stretch, and readiness
- customized learning plans to broaden background knowledge and cross-curriculum integration
- student stretch through content, vocabulary, and cross-curriculum learning extension
- integrated and expanded cross-curriculum instructional activity to maintain high-performing edge including test preparation
- science thinking, science fair preparation, planning, and project management
Access. Enrichment. Readiness. Growth.